Sunday, May 5, 2013

Challenges Do Come

The past couple of months have been a struggle.

It was a challenge waking up and face the day. There are moments when I would rather sleep all day, disappear or just walk away from it all.

I never thought that the desire to make a difference in people's lives would be so very hard. There are times I feel alone.

There was a point where I wanted to close the company and admit to myself that I failed.

However, as I talk to my employees and ask them about their dreams and what they want to accomplish, I realize that I owe them so much. These employees have stuck by me through thick and thin. They are doing the best they can to make the company grow.

I begin to ask, when would I then abandon them?

Something worth anything, is worth fighting for. I have won some small battles and have lost some; but the war is still going on. There is time left to do something and make the company grow and succeed.

I may have been abandoned by some people, but there are new allies and friends who have stuck with me and have helped me along the way.

To be sure, I am still in the trenches; the war being far from over. I have been bloodied and wounded. I have fallen more times than I can count. There are no more tears left.

But I continue to fight on, to keep on believing and rising... knowing that someday, all these challenges will be all worth it.